Justin Johnsen M.D. - Chief Medical Officer
Dr. J, Dr. J...a Physician Passionate about your Health and Well-Being!
Dr. Justin Johnsen M.D. (affectionately known as Dr. J) is a Board-Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He graduated from Emory University Medical School and finished a residency at Vanderbilt University. He then completed a fellowship in Oculoplastic Surgery with world renowned surgeon Dr. Thomas Spoor M.D. at the Michigan Center for Oculoplastic, Orbital and Reconstructive Surgery. After his fellowship, Dr. Johnsen was a professor at Duke University, where he conducted research and provided instruction on lasers and laser surgery. Dr Johnsen is a consultant and trainer for several major medical laser manufacturers and is an expert in the field. All treatment protocols at ReMedical have been personally developed and enhanced by Dr. Johnsen.
● B.S. in Biology at the University of Utah – Salt Lake City, Utah
● B.A. in Spanish at the University of Utah – Salt Lake City, Utah
● M.D. at Emory University School of Medicine – Atlanta, Georgia
● Transitional Internship at LDS Hospital – Salt Lake City, Utah
● Ophthalmology Residency at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine – Nashville, Tennessee
● Oculofacial Plastic Surgery Fellowship at the Michigan Center for Oculoplastic, Orbital and Reconstructive surgery – Warren Michigan.
● Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Duke University – Durham, North Carolina
● Past and current consultant/trainer for multiple medical device companies including: Lumenis®, Candela®, Lutronic®, Alma® and Sentient®.
When Dr. J is not obsessing about lasers, and all things medical he loves spending time with his lovely wife and six wonderful children! He also enjoys college football, golfing, cooking, reading, movies and traveling!
REQUEST A CONSULTATION!